The 'Manual twist-tester 18' allows to determine the exact twisting no. of double and multi-plied yarns; it allows just approximately the determination of twisting no. of single yarns.
The twist-tester 18 consists of a structure described below:
1) On the right side the handle controlled by the operator helps to turn both in S or Z direction and the two dial indicators show a constant overview of the turns count; the left dial indicator shows the hundreds and the thousands of unit from 0 to 3000, while the right one shows the units and the tens from 0 to 100.
2) On the left side the movable equipment (elongometer) with yarn pretension is equipped by a fixed measuring scale and with an index adding or removing manually pretension masses to/from the support; the scale shows the elongation of the yarn during untwist/re-twist operations on a double scale expressed both in mm and in inches.
The movable equipment
can be moved along a fixed guide and it can be fixed at the desired length thanks to the graduated measure scale and the distance between the clamps can be fixed.
The test methods used with manual twist-tester 18 are:
- Direct counting method: only untwist S or Z;
- Untwist-Re-twist method: directions S/Z or Z/S;
- Separation needle, to separate the plied and multi plied yarns during the untwist operation;
- Inspection handglass, for a better analysis of the parallelism between the yarn filament;